Maryland residents and businesses in Washington County can get an unwelcome notice from the IRS. While it could be good news, like you overpaid your taxes, it can also be something more concerning, like a tax assessment or tax penalty notice.
The most important thing for taxpayers in Hagerstown or elsewhere in Washington County is to clear up the issue as soon as possible. Do not ignore a tax notice from the IRS or it could result in tax penalties, liens or levies, or even criminal penalties.
Juda Gabaie is an experienced Maryland tax attorney who has successfully represented clients in Washington County in a variety of tax matters. Contact Juda Gabaie today to schedule a consultation to discuss your tax issue.
Reliable Solutions for Washington County Tax Issues
Tax issues range from IRS requests for additional information to overdue tax notices to criminal fraud charges. Contact your tax attorney as soon as possible to make sure you understand the tax issues involved, your options, and how to address the situation to reduce the chances of interest, penalties, or reduce your tax liability.
Gabaie & Associates, LLC can assist you or your business with IRS or Maryland state tax issues, including:
- Tax Problems
- Income Tax Fraud
- Tax Liens & Tax Levies
- Audit & Appeals
- Unfiled Tax Returns
- Unfiled Payroll Taxes
- Payroll Taxes & Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- Offer in Compromise
- Installment Plan Agreements
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- Tax Penalties
- Business Taxes
- IRS Hardship Status
- IRS Revenue Officer Unannounced Arrival
- Injured and Innocent Spouse Relief
- CP 523 Letter
- CP 90 Letter
- Maryland License and Tags Hold
- Maryland Sales and Use Tax Laws
- Maryland Tax Audit
- Maryland Residency Disputes
- Maryland New Business Entity, and
- Other state and federal tax issues.
Hagerstown IRS Office in Washington County, Maryland
Depending on where you are located in Washington County, your local IRS office may be in Maryland or West Virginia. You can use the IRS Local Office Locator to find the nearest IRS office to deal with your tax issues.
Your experienced Maryland Tax Attorney will be able to represent you for an IRS tax matter wherever you live in Washington County, including:
- Clear Spring,
- Williamsport, or
- Anywhere else in Washington County.
Hagerstown IRS Office
1260 Maryland Ave
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Hours: Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
This office provides the following services:
- Account inquiries
- Alien clearances
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round.
- Basic tax law assistance January 1 - April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices).
Should I Contact the IRS in Hagerstown Before Talking to My Lawyer?
Your notice from the IRS may provide contact information for any questions. However, you may want to talk to your Maryland tax attorney before you call the IRS. It is important to understand the notice, the consequences of certain actions, your rights, and all your options before talking to the IRS. Your tax lawyer will be able to act as an advocate for you to protect your rights.
Contact Washington County Tax Attorney Today
If you have any questions about tax issues, IRS tax notices, or want to dispute an IRS decision, contact Washington County tax attorney Juda Gabaie to schedule a free consultation. Gabaie & Associates, LLC can be contacted online or at 443-345-8291.