Every state's tax laws and administrative procedures are different. If you have unresolved tax issues in the State of Maryland, it is important to get the assistance of an attorney who is intimately familiar with Maryland state tax laws, policies, and procedures. Juda Gabaie is an experienced Maryland tax attorney and former accountant who is dedicated to helping clients like you navigate complex Maryland state tax matters. Call today to request a free consultation and learn more about how Gabaie & Associates, LLC can help to resolve your Maryland state tax issues.
Common Maryland State Tax Issues
Our legal team has extensive experience handling all Maryland state tax issues, including:
- Back Taxes: If you have an unpaid tax liability our attorneys can help you find a strategy to become current.
- Installment Plans: If you cannot afford to pay your tax bill in full, we can create a custom installment payment plan that allows you to spread your payments out over a set period of time.
- Offers in Compromise: The state may accept an Offer in Compromise if you cannot afford to pay your taxes in full or if there is a legitimate dispute over the amount of taxes due. This Offer in Compromise would allow you to pay less than the full amount that Maryland says you owe.
- Estimated Tax Payments: If you are self-employed and/or do a lot of contract work you may be required to submit estimated tax payments throughout the year. Our office can create a strategy to help you meet your obligations as a taxpayer and avoid penalties for noncompliance.
- Residency Disputes: Is Maryland demanding taxes from you, even though you are a non-resident? We can help to clear up residency issues by representing you in Maryland tax court. The majority of residency disputes (approximately 95 percent) are settled.
- Unfiled Returns: If you do not file your taxes you can face serious consequences. We can help to file prior year returns to minimize the penalties you face.
- Employment Tax: If you operate a business in Maryland and have employees, you are required to withhold and submit certain employment taxes. The procedures involved can be confusing if you are not familiar with the state's tax laws, and every year, these policies change. Our office can help to make sure that your obligations as a business taxpayer are met in full.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you resolve your Maryland state tax issue.
Why Should I Get Help With Maryland State Tax Issues?
As a Maryland taxpayer, the state expects that you will file your taxes on time and satisfy your tax liabilities in full. If the state feels that you have not satisfied your legal duties as a taxpayer, they will act swiftly and impose harsh penalties. These penalties can include:
- Adding fees and interest to your unpaid tax liability,
- Preventing you from renewing certain state-issued licenses (e.g., professional, business), or
- Suspending the renewal of your Maryland state driver's license and registration.
These penalties can have far-reaching consequences in your life. If you have an unresolved and/or disputed tax matter in the state of Maryland, it is important to resolve it as quickly as possible. Having an experienced and knowledgeable Maryland tax attorney handle the matter will increase the chances of a successful outcome.
Experienced Maryland State Tax Attorneys
The state of Maryland will aggressively pursue you to make sure that your obligations as a taxpayer are satisfied. If you have disputed or unresolved tax issues with the state of Maryland it is important to speak with an experienced Maryland tax attorney. At Gabaie & Associates, LLC, our tax attorneys have experience handling a wide range of complex state tax issues. We will fight to achieve a resolution that is in your best interest and, if necessary, represent you in Maryland tax court. Call us today to request a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you resolve your Maryland state tax issue.